Pro-charged Mustang Visits from Birmingham

This 2016 Mustang GT came to us for one of our custom ECU calibrations after hearing great reviews about our tuning on other forced induction applications.

This GT has had a @procharger_official centrifugal supercharger kit installed to it. As always, we read the original tune out of the ECU and saved it while we got the car bolted to our hub dyno. After just one run the recorded data was enough for us to know something wasn’t quite right with how it was running. Fuel trims were -22% at wide open throttle and we were seeing 3-4 degrees of ignition retard due to poor quality fuel. Running 525rwhp

When we tune a car with correctly installed hardware we expect to see 5% +/- fuel trims and zero knock! ALL supercharged or turbo cars should ALWAYS run on 99oct fuel.

Illuminated engine Management Light shortly after the run - O2 sensors on both bank 1 & 2 stuck rich forcing a fuel system fault. Which can be EXTREMELY dangerous and we have seen a similar fault kill an engine because another tuner failed to notice it.

Tuning session aborted. We proceeded to carry out diagnostic work on the car and give the setup a good checking over before we proceed. There are Tuners out there that would try and tune their way around such a problem or fail to see that there is a physical fault with car.

We take pride in making sure your car is running the best it can be!

So we stripped the front end to check over the boost / vacuum system as we suspected it may have a huge air leak post MAF sensor causing the O2 sensors to stay stuck in a rich condition.

We found a broken hose barb going to the BOV but even better someone had glued it back on... how nice of them to fix it... 🤦‍♂️ We also found boost pipes that were clearly not fitted correctly as well as clamps that weren’t tightened.

New hose barb installed with PTFE and all boost pipes removed and refitted correctly. Because the O2 sensors were stuck the car was idling and cruising at 10.0:1 AFR which is EXTREMELY RICH! So as a precautionary measure we replaced the engine oil and filter as the engine oil was more than likely contaminated with fuel!

Once all the issues had been identified and repaired we put the car back together ready for its second trip into the dyno cell.

Once we confirmed everything was working as it should we proceeded to develop the vehicles calibration.



Now making 570whp & 470wtq - Huge increase in torque in the mid range. The current injectors are at their limits at the top end unfortunately, but otherwise good gains.

Been able to give the customer his car back working as it should, better drivabilty and with more power makes the work and stress worth while.